Paramahansa Yogananda sheds a clarifying light on the deeper meaning of the Bhagavad Gita's symbology, and the true intent of India's timeless and universal scripture. He shows how the warriors doing battle on the field of Kurukshetra represent the negative tendencies of the human ego and how the science of Yoga can help us achieve the joy of material and spiritual victory on the battlefield of daily life. An inspiring and concise introduction to the spiritual truths of India's most beloved scripture, these selections from Yogananda's critically acclaimed two-volume translation of and commentary on the Bhagavad Gita explain the step-by-step methods of yoga meditation and right action to achieve union with Spirit. Features Paramahansa Yogananda's original translation of the Bhagavad Gita for the first time in sequential form. Topics covered:
- Using self-analysis and introspection for continuous personal growth
- Yoga methods for creating a life of peace and inner harmony
- Understanding the psychological forces that help - and those that hinder - spiritual progress
- Creating an ideal balance of material and spiritual goals
- How to experience the deeper states of meditation and divine illumination.